C# Software Engineer (Desktop Application Developer)
£30,000 – £40,000 depending on skills and experience.
* 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays * Private medical insurance Pension * Training and development
Midlands Based (Nuneaton and/or Castle Donington).. (C# .NET / ASP.NET Web API / SQLServer / Azure / Agile)
This is a great opportunity and the ideal time to join this independent technology company specialising in bespoke software solutions design, development, delivery and support. To date, projects have been delivered using a network of self-employed associates but the increasing volume of work and opportunities necessitates the hiring of the first of several full-time dedicated developers.
The role will be based in the midlands at a client’s site at Nuneaton and/or Castle Donington. The project, which has been running for 18 months, is to develop a new integrated Order Management System / Client Relationship Management System / Factory Production System / Delivery Logistics and Online Customer Portal and retire the existing legacy system. The project is being delivered in iterative steps following an agile methodology. Much of the new system is live and aspects of the legacy system are being retired as new functionality is released. The client is already realising many benefits from the new system and is generating new requirements and enhancement requests almost daily.
The successful applicant will work on the day-to-day development and enhancement of the applications and API. You will be joining a distributed team of two other developers and be the on-site representative with direct access to the project sponsor and end users. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join an innovative project with a talented, growing team.
- Designing, developing, documenting, deploying and maintaining software components to meet the customer requirements
- Supporting and maintaining existing components in the project
- Collaborating with other developers in the team to prioritise and organise delivery of the backlog of work
- Working with the project sponsor and users to identify new requirements and opportunities to enhance the business
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Good IT Degree – Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent in HND/GNVQ
- 3+ years of C# .Net development with Visual Studio
- Proficient with LINQ, Entity Framework and SQL querying (SQL Server)
- Demonstrable commercial experience of the full software development life cycle
- Ability to translate high level requirements in to quality working code and unit tests to required standards
- Capability to deliver robust solutions to tight timescales, often working alone and unsupervised
- Pro-active, flexible and adaptable attitude with a willingness to learn and a desire to improve code and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, high standard of spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Azure cloud environment management and deployment
- Source code control with Git
- Experience of Agile software project delivery (Kanban)
The successful candidate will be:
- Eligible to work in the UK Commutable to Nuneaton
For more information or a confidential chat please forward your CV to John Hutchinson ideally along with a brief paragraph or two on why you feel this is the ideal job for you.