Engineering Project Manager
£35,000 to £50,000 + 33 Days Holiday + Benefits
A truly unique opportunity for a qualified Project Manager to secure this autonomous role where you will run your own Engineering Projects, manage your own customers and totally self-manage and run your own days. You could currently be a Planner, Scheduler, Project Manager, Engineer in fact so long as you have a qualification in Project Management you could come from any background.
We are looking to recruit 2 new Engineering Project Managers, whilst a Project Management Qualification is essential experience is not. More important is your ability to hold your own within a Customer Facing Role within (what can sometimes be quite intense) meetings where you could be sat opposite several specialists each with their own agenda/requirements for you to fulfil. Due to the size and highly sensitive nature of the projects (including MOD and Nuclear) attention to detail andrecord keeping is key.
Once settled in you could be managing a multi-Million £ projects where you will be the only point of contact with the customer, helping to ensure they pull together to expedite orders. You will need to be a confident, determined individual who can cut through the red tape to pull people together and steer projects to a conclusion, due to the size of your customers and mix of decision makers this can be easier said than done.
We have had success with ex-Military and other varied backgrounds but the common denominator is they are all very personable, bright, strong communicators and have an understanding of Engineering, if you are from a Machining background even better but again not essential. Record keeping, Reporting, Document process and providing monthly reports to your customers are all key therefore attention to detail and a considered approach is essential.
You will have used either MS Project or Primavera P-6 software as this will be the foundation for all of your plans, in addition to monitoring and recording Risk Register, Actions Logged and full reports on various other software packages. In a nutshell this roles requires somebody who has very strong communication skills face to face and a very methodical mind for recording the essential data.
Objectives & Key Activities
• Baselining of project scope and schedules;
• Tracking of project scope and schedules;
• Maintenance and control of projects scope and schedules;
• Issue tracking, control and resolution plans;
• Project Planning activities;
• General Administrative Duties;
• Development and maintenance of project documentation and office templates;
• Development and alignment of internal business systems to the projects office;
• Client interaction;
• Interaction and co-ordination of internal business functions;
• Assisting in the preparation and management of work packages for sub-contractors.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Engineering Degree or background
• Understanding/experience of project planning software (MS Project / Primavera P-6);
• Ability to learn and develop at pace;
• Flexible and adaptable to the work environment and changing needs of the business;
• First-rate Organisational skills;
• Excellent Communication skills;
• Ability to work to multiple deadlines and milestones;
• Management and prioritisation of own workload and understanding the workload constraints of others;
• Eye for detail required;
• Desirable – Experience within a project environment;
• Motivated, positive, flexible, team player.
Whilst you will work independently we have a team of Project Managers who are all very friendly, helpful, supportive and as you are all in an open plan office it is the ideal environment to learn and bounce ideas off each other. For more information please drop your CV to John Hutchinson with a brief outline of why you feel you could be ideal for this role.
Security clearance will be essential for these roles therefore you will need to have been living in the UK for a minimum of 10 years.