Factory Maintenance Administrator c.£22,500
We are looking for someone perhaps looking for their second job looking for more responsibility and ownership of a role. In this role you will be supporting the Maintenance Manager within a busy factory/manufacturing/heavy engineering environment however you will not need to have a background within the industry. As Maintenance Planner you will need to have good IT skills and attention to detail in order to help the manager to coordinate planned maintenance and log emergency work deal with suppliers and to handle Health and Safety actions. You will also be attending management meetings with the Maintenance Manager (effectively as his right hand man) looking after all of the admin and IT input for him to free him up to get on with running the Factory and the team of Maintenance Engineers.
This is will be a very rewarding role for someone who takes pride in their work and has a good work ethic. Whilst you will be based within a busy industrial environment you will have an office base and will have no need to get involved in the dirty factory side of things.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
“To maintain functionality and continuous improvements of the key manufacturing operations which enables the company to earn gross margin (value added) around the clock”
To carry out multiple tasks to aid the maintenance manager to continue smooth running of the department. This will include attending meetings with the maintenance manager.
To procure parts for all maintenance tasks at a competitive price ensuring monthly expenditure is minimised.
To handle HSE Actions (work orders) and helping deliver these to the maintenance technicians on site.
To help schedule planned work by reviewing the CMMS on a weekly basis and also capturing the backlog to ensure compliance with internal and external PM/statutory checks.
Produce operating manuals/documentation, under the manager’s instructions for OEMs, training course material.
Inputting maintenance documents and RMRs (reactive maintenance reports) into the CMMS and handling remedial works in an efficient, responsible manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Working under health and safety guidelines
• Obtaining multiple quotes and building good relationships with suppliers to ensure the most cost effective parts are ordered for the department and maintenance budgets are met and minimised
• Placing orders for parts for all maintenance activities
• Attending meetings with the manager
• Handling HSE Actions sheets and delivering from the CMMS to the shift technicians
• Scheduling planned work with the manager
• Handling PM sheets from the technicians, uploading to the CMMS and creating remedial work sheets
• Creating clean, presentable documents for a number of maintenance tasks including; weekly team briefs, maintenance OEMs, operating procedures, training matrix, training material
• Work in a manner that reflects equal opportunities: treating others with dignity/respect whilst taking into account the needs of colleagues and customers
• Providing high standards of quality whilst promoting, building and maintaining effective working relationships with direct colleagues and other members of the workforce
• Participating in any training and development as required
• Maintaining high levels of motivation, attendance and conduct
The post holder must work in line with company health and safety policies. Furthermore must accept new, reasonably determined duties in line with the company’s vision.
• Maintenance Manager
• Maintenance technicians
• Purchasing Dept.
Education and Qualifications
• GCSE Maths, English, Science, IT
• IT skills
• Office working experience using various IT (Word, Excel etc) ideally within a manufacturing environment but not essential.
Skills and Competencies
• Competent in Microsoft Word
• Great communication skills, spoken and written
Attitudes and Behaviours
• Positive attitude
• Ability to present information/reports effectively
• Time management, work to deadlines, plan own tasks in the week
• Perform effectively and safely under pressure
• Work alone and as part of the team
• Be able to train and develop others including apprentices
• Communicate with managers during decision making
• Days working to be agreed
• Some overtime is required during the weekend
For more information or a confidential chat please forward your CV to John Hutchinson and I will call you at a convenient time to for you.
Factory Maintenance Administrator Planner Stoke on Trent.