Finance Assistant (Sales Ledger)
£16,000 to £19,000 (Flexible depending on Experience and Drive)
Thatcham Based (2 minute walk from the Railway Station)
Working in a professional yet ‘fun’ environment .. this would ideally suit someone who has experience or an interest in Finance and would flourish in an environment where your work ethic and ambition will be valued and rewarded as much if not more than your qualifications and experience
To provide support to the Finance Manager and Supervisor in the day to day running of the Sales Ledger.
The essential/minimum criteria..
- Maths & English GCSE (grade C or above)
- 2+ years Office Experience
- Confident telephone manner
- Competent with Excel
Other Experience (which is not essential but a bonus) would be .. Sage experience … Sound knowledge of MS Excel and Accounts experience.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of sales orders / credits, use of in-house and external systems and other adhoc duties in line with company guidelines and procedures.
- Ensuring the maintenance and house-keeping of the sales ledger.
- Taking ownership of invoice disputes and seeing them through to a positive outcome.
- To provide efficient administrative support to management and other departments when required.
- To ensure that all work allocated to you is fully completed within the allotted time frame.
- To cover in the Purchase Ledger department if and when required.
- Such other duties as management may from time to time reasonably requi
Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
- Computer literate with experience of Office (Word & Excel)
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Effective communicator – orally and in writing.
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to learn new tasks and grow in the role
- Good organisational skills
- Able to cope with paperwork in an organised manor
- Able to challenge process and seek out better ways of working
- Confident and self-motivated
- Can do attitude
Due to rapid expansion we are looking for a Finance Assistant. This role is working in a team of 10 reporting to the Senior Finance Assistant and Finance Manager. The department sees a high volume of orders being processed weekly. Ideal applicants will have a sound knowledge of Excel. We are looking for a confident professional interested in a career in Finance, a committed team player who can focus on the task of achieving the common goals of the company. You will have a high level of self-confidence and not be afraid to express your views in a team forum, possessing a positive attitude to your work, maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail whilst encouraging others to do the same.
This is a varied role and duties will include timely and accurate processing of customer invoices and credit notes on a consistent basis in line with contract terms and use of multiple in-house and external systems. You will also be prepared to take ownership of invoice queries and see them through to a satisfactory conclusion.
Realise your true potential by joining a company who genuinely believe in the development and promotion of their staff and offer various training options to assist this. For more information please forward your CV ideally with a cover letter explaining why you feel this is the job for you and you are the ideal candidate to the opportunity to John@dorchester-search.co.ukand either John or Sophie will call you for a confidential chat.