£40,000 to £45,000 basic + 33 days Holiday
We can be very flexible on the Basic Salary and Package to suit the ideal candidate.
We are looking for “a bit of a Detective”, someone who can identify the specific reasons for going over or under budget on a monthly basis. rising suppliers costs, too much waste, too many man hours or whatever it may be.
Supporting the directors and management with monthly analysis of the P&L and KPI’s to help make business decisions you will ideally come from a manufacturing background . This is a hands on role where you will want to be involved with the shop floor to help give you a full understanding of the process and costings and monthly Stock takes.
You could be Part or Fully qualified CIMA or ACCA.AT Qualified with at least 2 years’ experience within a Management Accountant role from a Manufacturing background. You will manage a small team (Purchasing/Accounts), within an expanding company which offers the job security and prospects associated with being part of a well-established Global Group.
Role Purpose: To provide directors and management with accurate monthly analysis of the P&L & KPI’s to help make business decisions.
- Responsible for maintaining & updating the standard cost model for various plants within the business
- Maintain costs for the purposes of stock valuation and pricing
- Monthly reporting of P&L results with variance analysis and commentary.
- Balance sheet reviews / analysis
- Budgeting / forecasting
- Monthly stock take reconciliations with gain / loss reviews.
- Assisting with the year-end financial audit
- Responsible for training and monitoring a small team across the purchasing / accounts department.
- Preparing analysis for management as & when requested.
- Previous administrative experience working in an office environment.
- Previous experience with batch costings or similar.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise own work, meet deadlines.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Part or fully qualified CIMA / ACCA / AAT
For more information or a confidential chat please forward your CV to John Hutchinson.