Mechanical Fitter (Able to Read Drawings)
£31,200 + 33 Days Holiday
You could either have come through from an Engineering Apprenticeship or very experienced and leant your trade on the job with the ability to work from drawings.
The role will be putting together large bespoke units which can be anything from 3.5 to 7 ton and take several months to complete from scratch. Each assembly can be u to 3,000 components not including nuts and bolts and will entail lots of basic fitting but also more precision engineering using feeler gauges and clocks putting together gears and bearings etc. Some sheet metal would be an advantage as would some electrical but not essential.
The hours are 8 to 4 or 7 to 3 if proffered and overtime is often available. You could be away from the factory up to 20% of your time and up to 10% overseas including Asia, when away you will be paid for a minimum 12 hour day.
- Work from Engineering Drawings
- Work on Precision Parts, Sub-Assemblies and Final Assemblies;
- Carry out Final Test and Commissioning on Part Completed or Completed Systems;
- Domestic and International Travel (on occasion) to carry out Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance Work Activities (would involve Working at Height);
- Work on your own Initiative following Product Training;
- Experience of Hand and Power Tools;
- Some knowledge of Electrical Systems an Advantage;
- Valid UK Driving Licence;
- An Engineering Apprenticeship within a Manufacturing / Engineering Environment, or relevant recognised Qualification (or extensive Industry Experience);
- Familiarity with Building of Sub-Assemblies and Incorporating these into Complete Systems;
- Experience of ensuring Assemblies are Built to Drawing Specifications;
- Proven Experience of working as a Mechanical Fitter within an Engineering / Manufacturing Environment;
- Take Personal Pride in their Work, ensuring High Standards of Craftsmanship;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills;
- Professional Customer Interface;
- A Flexible Attitude towards Working Hours;
This is an exciting time to join this very well respected and established international company at a time of massive growth. You will benefit from induction and ongoing training, a good basic salary, 33 days Holiday and the opportunity to boost your income with overtime. For more information please forward your CV to John Hutchinson.