Accounts Office Supervisor
Flexible c.£40,000 Basic Salary + 33 days Holiday
Due to pending retirement, we now seek an experienced Office Manager to complement our accounts team of 10 within the group head office. Ideally we are looking for a hands on manager to develop the team spirit and positive attitude to work. The team are all used to self-managing really well and helping others when needed and do so willingly and without the need for constant management. However as the office manager you will need to support, motivate, supervise and contribute towards the team goals and daily activities with a light informal lead by example management style. You will work closely with and support the Executive Director.
Working on a full time and permanent basis Monday to Friday (8.45 am – 5.00 pm) you will contribute, supervise and support the following activities:
· Provide support and management to the Accounts Team.
· Bank reconciliations – Sterling and foreign currencies.
· Maintain fixed asset registers.
· Management and reconciliation of petty cash and foreign currencies.
· Completion of month end procedures in a timely manner.
· Sales and purchase ledger processing
· General banking functions.
· Payroll and petty cash
· Journal postings.
· Credit card accruals.
· Ad-hoc duties that may be required from time to time.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE SORT:
· General experience working in an accounts/finance office environment.
· Experience of computerised accounting systems.
· Intermediate Microsoft Office Excel skills.
· Ability to prioritise and work to calendar determined deadlines.
· Ability to communicate confidently and competently within our organisation.
- Strong working knowledge of bookkeeping
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Fully computer literate including word and excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Personable and confident nature
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience.
Nice to have:
· Experience of working within a manufacturing organisation.
· AAT or equivalent training
· Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills.
· Organised and methodical in their work.
· Eye for detail.
· Team player.
· Good work ethic, sense of humour and flexible attitude.
Formal qualifications could be an advantage but are not essential as we attach more importance to being “qualified through experience”. Whilst we don’t expect this role to lead to any further promotion (as you will report and work closely with the Executive Director) the role comes with an attractive salary and would suit an experienced Office Manager looking to add value in a setting that provides lots of job satisfaction and is genuinely a great place to work. For more information or a confidential chat please forward your CV to John Hutchinson.