Production Director ( Batch Production)
£60,000 to £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits + 33 Days Holiday
Coming in as Works Director with c.20 staff across 6 specialist product plants you will benefit from a competitive basic salary, performance bonus, 33 days holiday, Director Lunches lots of job satisfaction and a genuine opportunity of a job/career for life.
Ideally you will come from a Batch Production background (could be powders or food or any ingredients) as a Works Manager or Director or possibly Operations Manager or Director. Essentially you will need to be able to manage the whole Production with Support from the General Manager you will look after production targets, staff recruitment and training and will have Health and Safety qualifications and experience. You will have a Product Manager under you and a further 20 or so staff.
Essential Criteria …
- To have had several years production / works management experience, preferably at senior level.
- To have ran a factory with no more than 100 people (the role will be hands on and not just office based).
- Working with the production supervisor, to manage the workforce, maintenance department, shift patterns, holidays, deployment of labour.
- Liaising with sales to ensure that production lead times are agreed and that orders are made on time.
- Producing weight sheets and supporting dispatch paperwork.
- To have experience dealing with suppliers and contractors to maintain equipment and to install new machinery.
- To be qualified in health and safety and have good knowledge of working policy and practices.
- To support the General Manager with corporate objectives relating to operational costs and efficiency.
- To have good communication skills and management skills.
- To be able to prioritise and delegate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Working Monday to Friday 8-5.30 with typically every other Saturday Morning
This is a senior position within a well-respected Global Company. For more information or a confidential chat please send your CV to John Hutchinson.