Project Program Manager – Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
Negotiable £40,000 to £50,000 basic + 33 days Holiday + c.10% Travel Abroad
An exciting opportunity where you will Project Manage complex bespoke applications where every project is different. You will manage the project sometimes helping the Sales team with tender through to being onsite for installation. Based at the company HQ in Stoke with travel to Asia and worldwide up to 10% of your time. You will need to have a methodical approach with a Mechanical or Electrical engineering background and confident to Manage complex programmes across the whole project lifecycle.
Located in North Staffordshire and due to planned growth, we now seek an experienced and accomplished Project Manager with experience gained in safety critical environments i.e. Aviation, Nuclear, Oil & Gas or other similar highly complex Engineering projects to join the team on a permanent basis.
As a Project Manager you will organise all activities for the delivery of our systems and solutions to a global base of defence and civil authority customers.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team setting and with third party suppliers you will apply a broad base of project management skills and competences, ensuring the most appropriate and agreed solution is delivered to the customer.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives ensuring consistent project reviews and evaluations are carried out, managing risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Apply industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution
- Lead planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for a range of projects, and tracking costs.
- Work closely with stakeholders tracking changes, reporting on milestones and producing concise project reports where appropriate and measuring project performance.
- Forecast resources needed to reach project milestones, developing detailed Project Management schedules and work plans.
- Actively identify potential problems within the project and provide and implement effective mitigations.
- Work closely and liaise with all specialists required to facilitate and deliver the overall project, maintaining effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and their representatives.
- At least 5 years project/programme management experience across the complete project lifecycle, sign posting key milestones and identifying and mitigating principal risks.
- Extensive experience of delivering complex projects/programmes in excess of £5m utilising industry recognised methodology – with responsibility for overall delivery, risk management and budget.
- Able to lead and deliver complex projects with multiple stakeholders, customers and suppliers to achieve, cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Degree level qualification; MSc, BSc, BEng, HND or HNC in an Engineering Discipline would be an advantage.
- In commutable distance to the clients North Staffordshire location (relocation assistance available for the right candidate).
- Able to work on own initiative in all areas of work, be capable of making decisions within the remit of the programme and take personal responsibility for making things happen.
- Team player with strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Project Management qualification; Prince2, PMI, APMP or certified equivalent.
- Strong IT skills in MS Project Excel, etc. are essential.
Nice to have:
- Chartered Engineer with a recognised Engineering Institution.
- Membership of APM or equivalent.
This position offers a real opportunity to contribute to an established and successful business and apart from a generous salary, we offer long term career prospects, personal development and a great place to work. For more information or a confidential discussion please forward your CV to John Hutchinson