Project Manager (from a Skilled Trades/Carpentry Background)
£40000 – £45000 + Vehicle or Allowance +Benefits|East, North & Central London
£45,000 (with opportunity to increase and to grow with the company)
East London based (Working on Projects throughout East/Central and North London)
A thriving, family-run, East London-based building contractor needs to strengthen its project management team with an all-rounder who has project and site management experience and a background on the tools.
We specialise in high-quality residential projects – new-builds, extensions, lofts, basements, refurbs – between £100k-£700k in value, across parts of East, North and Central London. We have a small office-based team that runs the company and oversees 8-10 projects at any one time. We have an excellent reputation, no shortage of work, and are extremely busy.
This is a great opportunity for someone bright, flexible and hard-working to get stuck in and take on a varied and challenging senior role in a successful business.
In summary, the role would include:
- Leading on project managing 2-4 core projects and having the flexibility to dip into others as required
- Understanding architectural/structural drawings and having good knowledge of all aspects of building work
- Ideally with experience of costing projects from drawings/specs
- Ensuring projects stay on track – both time-wise and adhering to specifications
- Liaising with site managers/teams, clients, architects, structural engineers, joiners and other specialist trades, building control etc
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to on site
- Keeping track of cost and specification variations throughout projects
- Having good computer skills – MS Office, MS Project
- Being organised, hard-working and having the adaptability to work in a small team
… if you feel this could be for you please forward your CV ideally with a brief paragraph or two on why you feel this could be the ideal job for you and why you feel you are ideal for the role.