Technical Export Sales Engineer/Manager 


Based in the Staffordshire Area commutable to Stoke

   £40,0000 to £45,0000 Negotiable Salary

Utilise your Technical Sales experience to secure this exciting role where you will be travelling worldwide c 40% of your time.  Based commutable to the Stoke on Trent area where you will spend the other 60% of your time at  Head  office. A background in Engineering with experience of selling a technical product through distributors is essential.

The Role:

• Responsible for Technical Sales, products and services on an export basis

• Maintain current and develop new business through export distribution channels

• Travel extensively to defined territories to run on site trials to develop business and to provided trouble shooting support

• Meet and deliver agreed targets through proactive new business development and growing the existing customer base.

• Attend trade shows to participate or to support distributors to promote products.

• Communicate with distributors to solve technical questions or problems

• Provide technical information and proposals to distributors to promote current or new products.

• Provide commercial proposals to distributors with support from the Sales & Commercial Director

• Communicate with Management by means of writing the relevant reports and by regular updates of market situation and competitor activity, technically and commercially.

 

Skills Required:

• Demonstrate technical competence to be trained to understand the products and the application within the industry and any other applications.

• After product training be technically competent to be able to run and monitor trials and to be able to provide technical feed back to customers and distributors by means of discussing this face to face and been able to write and provide the relevant reports.

• Willing to travel on a regular basis and at short notice to any market as required by the Management team.

• Tenacious business winner and innovative thinker

• Interface with and motivate distributors

• Technically literate to write and provide technical documents for marketing and sales literature

• Technically and commercially competent to be able to attend Sales and Technical meetings to provide reports and feed back regarding market activity and any of the daily functions of the Technical Sales and Service Engineer.

 

The Person:

  • 3 or more years experience in a successful sales function;
  • Ability and flexibility to travel up to 40% often at short notice
  • Background in engineering or a technical environment;
  • Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint);
  • Able to develop effective relationships and operate with all functional areas;
  • Work effectively individually and independently with limited day-to-day oversight from management;
  • Confident and motivated with the drive to succeed;
  • Fluent in English both verbal and written.

You will be representing  a world class leader in the manufacture and supply of products used in a wide range of industries. We appreciate this will look like an exciting opportunity to many Sales people but we will only consider candidates with a proven background in Export Sales with a Technical/Engineering bias.  You must have  a positive outlook and be a quick willing learner. For more information or a confidential chat please forward your CV to John Hutchinson.

 

Upload your CV/resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 256 MB.

Job Search