Junior PHP Web Developer
£24,000 – £28,000 + 33 Days Holiday + Training and Career Progression
This role could ideally suit either a Fresh Graduate or a Graduate with work experience now looking for their 2nd career move. You will be joining a small team of 3 developers with a very supportive and knowledgeable manager who joined us directly after graduating from Keele University c.10 years ago. You will be a key member of the team within a well-respected Engineering/Manufacturing Global company involved in traditional heavy industrial applications along with cutting edge Hydrocarbon and Energy Industries.
Our group of companies is ever expanding and therefore the requirement of IT systems that are developed in-house has grown. Therefore we are looking for a web-based application developer with an enthusiastic personality who would work on a full-time permanent basis with a closely-knit team of developers and will be contributing to a diverse range of innovative projects.
You could have a small amount of work experience or looking for your next move and we can customise the package and responsibility to fit. Necessary training will be given in the areas required if you are chosen as the right candidate.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and maintain internal web applications
- Manufacturing Progress Tracking,
- Documentation Management,
- Company Intranet etc.
- Write code that adopts best practices
- Provide user support to staff members for existing and new IT systems
- Contribute to the culture of innovation within the team
Essential requirements of the ideal candidate:
Knowledge and experience in developing web-based systems using the below technologies (real-world projects or university projects/assignments)
- PHP 7 and above with Laravel Framework
- HTML 5 and CSS (Basic Knowledge)
- SQL Server / Oracle / MySQL
Additional skills which would benefit the candidate:
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Ability to work with No-SQL databases (Mongo DB)
- Basic understanding of VB, VBA, C#.NET
- Experience in using Git (Git Flow)
- Knowledge of OOP, MVC, Relational Models and Schema-Less DB architectures
- Linux web hosting and server infrastructure
Including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and performance-based increments
- Career development opportunities
- Opportunity to attend major tech conferences Europe wide
- Amicable and flexible working environment
- Discounted sports club membership
The successful candidate will have all essential requirements and;
- Ether a degree (2:1 or above) in Software Development (or equivalent) with some work experience
- Or at least 2 years of experience in building web-based systems using the above technologies.